When you think of off-roading and Toyotas, it’s highly likely that you think of TRD, or Toyota Racing Development. However, if you’re not sure what TRD is and how it can affect your drive time, Toyota of North Charlotte is here to help - check out this quick guide on what TRD is and what it means for your new 2022 Toyota.
TRD packages explained
As noted, TRD, stands for Toyota Racing Development. This in-house tuning shop was founded in 1979 to improve performance in Toyota’s vehicles and make them more exciting to drive. Since then, it’s evolved into a globally renowned speed shop, aftermarkets part distributor, support for global wide racing efforts, and an accomplished engineering company that works to make everyday vehicles more thrilled and performance-driven (while still maintaining practicality and affordability).
Long story short, TRD is all about performance and unique aesthetics. As of 2022, here are the new Toyotas you’ll be able to find special TRD packages on:
- Toyota RAV4
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
- Toyota Sequoia
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Avalon
Obviously, you’ve got choices. Now let’s break down what you can expect from each 2022 TRD package on these N Charlotte Toyotas.
This one is big on aesthetics - not only will you have access to cool new paint colors only found on TRD models, but you’ll also get to enjoy sporty features like:
- 17” alloy wheels
- Integrated wide-angle fog lights
- A non-functional hood scoop
- TRD graphics
Plus a sport-tuned suspension.
If you buy a N Charlotte Toyota with this particular TRD package, you’re immediately ready to take things off the beaten path. It showcases features like:
- TRD-tuned off-road suspension and Bilstein shocks
- 16” alloy wheels
- A larger approach angle (32 degrees versus 29 degrees)
- Electronically-locking rear differential
- CRAWL Control
- An inclinometer with roll/pitch displays to let you better tackle tricky, uneven terrain
- Multi-terrain select
And edgy TRD Off-Road graphics inside and out.
Want the best of the best when it comes to convenience AND performance? This TRD package is the one you want on your new Toyota. It packs a punch with features like:
- Special TRD-tuned suspension with a one-inch lift
- A 35 degree approach angle, even larger than the TRD Off-Road package
- TRD pro cat-back exhaust
- A thicker, more protective front skid plate
- Fox internal bypass coil-over springs and rear remote reservoir shocks
- 16” TRD Pro-black alloy wheels
- A black leather-trimmed interior and leather shift knob
- TRD Pro graphics inside and out, even on the floor mats, and a heritage-inspired TOYOTA grille
- A power moonroof
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
And other driver-assist features.
Shop all things TRD at Toyota of N Charlotte!
Find exactly what you need when it comes to TRD packages, parts, and accessories - shop Toyota of N Charlotte! Our experts are here to help you find exactly what you need. We’re open seven days a week at 13429 Statesville Road, just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville, and you can call us at (704) 875-9199 today.