ABOVE: The latest forecast update from Severe Weather Center 9. To stay on top of changing weather conditions, be sure to download our free WSOC-TV weather app.
- The heat index hit 97 on Tuesday as most of the area remains in a heat wave.
- The heat wave will continue into tomorrow and we will start seeing heat index values in the triple digits.
- A cold front will bring more relief by the weekend, causing temperatures to go back down to the mid-80s Sunday.
- It will start kicking up storm chances and clouds and that will help get that thermometer down for the rest of the week.
- There is still no “Lee” yet out in the open Atlantic, but the storm is expected to form either today or tomorrow.
- At this time, it will be parallel to the Carolina coastline by next Thursday or Friday.
>> Channel 9′s Weather 24/7 stream has the latest local weather all day, every day. Watch wherever you stream — on our website, or through your mobile app or smart TV.
- WSOC Weather 24/7
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Madi Baggett
©2023 Cox Media Group