KANNAPOLIS, N.C. - If you haven't been to Kannapolis in a while, you probably wouldn't recognize it.
West Avenue, the main drag through downtown, has been closed for almost two years.
Leaders unveiled the brand-new West Avenue Thursday night. It’s the first phase of the city’s downtown revitalization project.
>> In the video at the top of this page, Channel 9’s Susanna Black explains why some are calling it Kannapolis’ second chance.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Massive water main break in York County
- Deputies identify woman found burned in Chester County ditch
- AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl reportedly taken from Greensboro playground
- FORECAST: Sunny skies and mild temps ahead of weekend rain chance
- Van slams into house after trying to pass school bus, CMPD says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.