DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. - A 2.3-magnitude earthquake was reported in Davidson County Friday night, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, WGHP reported.
According to the USGS, the earthquake happened at 8:25 p.m.
Residents in the area told WGHP that their doors and windows shook, and that it sounded like an explosion.
Also, a 2.0-earthquake was recorded by the USGS in Greensboro Thursday night.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Woman escapes human trafficker in Pineville; 2 people charged
- Bear spotted roaming around local neighborhood
- I-77 northbound in Charlotte has reopened after shooting, four car crash, police say
- Video shows Carolina Panthers fans brawling during weather delay
- Appalachian State fraternity loses university recognition until 2023
© 2019 Cox Media Group.