BURKE COUNTY, N.C. - Three people charged with kidnapping a man from Burke County are now charged with murder, even though investigators have not found the victim.
Authorities told Channel 9 that Brittany Arnold, James Combs and Michael May have been charged with murder, while three other suspects are only charged with kidnapping.
The suspects are accused of taking Carlton Edmondson to the Tennessee mountains in January.
Investigators said they have cellphone video that shows the suspects beating Edmondson, who they are still searching for.
“It’s not good to watch the way these people did this young man. I mean, nobody should be treated like that,” Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece said.
Investigators used the cellphone video to track the exact spot where the beating took place, around Trade, Tennessee. Criminologists from Western Carolina University used cadaver dogs to search a 1-square mile area around where Edmondson was last known to be alive.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Florida teen charged with 17 murder counts in school attack
- Alabama sheriff finds missing SC girl: 'The good Lord put me in that place'
- Florida high school shooting suspect flagged as threat before tragedy
- Grand jury indicts NC man in death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday morning forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.