CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte Business Journal recently featured two lists of the area’s golf courses, ranked by U.S. Golf Association men’s slope rating from the championship tees. The USGA assigns slope ratings to show the relative difficulty of a course for the average player compared with the difficulty for an expert player.
Charlotte Country Club tops the list of private golf courses, with a slope rating of 149. It is followed by Quail Hollow Club and The Palisades Golf & Country Club, both with a slope rating of 148. The Wells Fargo Championship is moving closer to an extension at Quail Hollow Club, CBJ reported in March.
Verdict Ridge Golf & Country Club in Denver tops the list of public and semi-private courses, with a slope rating of 149. Springfield Golf Club in Fort Mill is No. 2 with a slope rating of 145.
Check out the rankings and photos of the Charlotte region’s top golf courses here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man in custody, accused of threatening to hang Rowan County judge
- SC teacher's letter of resignation goes viral after quitting mid-year
- Man, apparently upset, damages former Gov. Pat McCrory's car with large tree limb
- FORECAST: Scattered showers linger as crews survey storm damage across Carolinas
- 2 killed, 1 injured after police chase ends in fiery crash in York County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.