ASHEVILLE, N.C. — An Asheville teen captured cellphone video of bears breaking into her car outside her house.
The reason why the bears found her car so tantalizing was chocolate bars stored in the teen's car.
The student had several chocolate bars inside her car that she was selling for a prom fundraiser.
"I don't know if you can see this, but there's a bear inside my car right now, he's literally in the seats. I could hear them growling and stuff," Lilly Thurmond said.
The car was unlocked, giving the bears easy access to the treats.
Car insurance will cover the repairs, but not the costs of the chocolate so the girl's mom will cover the costs of the stolen sweets.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMS: Carmel Middle School principal, assistant principal, dean placed on leave
- NC school principal accused of raping 12-year-old student found dead
- Charges reduced against teen accused of shooting classmate to death at Butler HS
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Father of Hopewell HS student killed in crash shares message about son
Cox Media Group