CHARLOTTE, N.C. — After settling a collusion case against the National Football League, Colin Kaepernick's attorney suggested the former starter could land in the Queen City.
Mark Geragos went on CNN this weekend, saying Kaepernick is ready to play and the move could happen soon.
"I think you're going to see within the next two weeks that somebody's going to step up. Somebody's going to do the right thing, and you want me to predict who? I would tell you besides the Panthers, it would not surprise me if Bob Kraft makes a move," Geragos said.
Geragos said the Carolina Panthers seem like a natural place for Kaepernick to land if Cam Newton struggles after his offseason surgery.
He also pointed out signing with the Panthers would reunite Kaepernick with his former teammate Eric Reid.
They both made headlines for kneeling during the National Anthem to protest social injustice.
Geragos' comments came just one day after the pair settled collusion cases against the NFL. They claimed they were black-listed because of the protests.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Stabbing may have led to crash, house fire in east Charlotte
- Charlotte region doctors prepare to leave Novant Health two months early
- Fiance of woman held captive by serial killer stabs self to death, coroner says
- FORECAST: Snow, freezing rain to fall in mountains; just rain closer to Charlotte
- Attorney: Panthers seem like 'natural place' for QB Colin Kaepernick
Cox Media Group