HARRISBURG, N.C. - A community in the Charlotte region was named among the top suburbs in North Carolina in a new study.
Personal finance website GOBankingRates.com recently released a report on the top suburbs in each state. In North Carolina, honors went to Clayton and Carrboro in the Triangle region; Harrisburg in the Charlotte metro; and Clemmons in the Triad area.
To find the best suburbs in every state, GOBankingRates conducted a study analyzing the cost of living, quality of schools and safety in suburban areas surrounding the biggest cities across the country.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Airport worker killed when baggage tug flips; investigation underway
- Dirt bike rider killed in crash after woman says group attacked her
- Missing NC toddler found safe after family's vehicle stolen with him inside
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity to start workweek, but rain chances too
- NC Walmart evacuated after police say they followed man with gun inside
© 2019 Cox Media Group.