CHARLOTTE, N.C. - There has been major frustration for anyone who lives or drives in the Elizabeth community in Charlotte.
Residents and motorists may have noticed work has stopped on the new Hawthorne bridge over East Independence Boulevard.
Channel 9 confirmed Wednesday the bridge will not open by the original March deadline, officials said.
In the video at the top of this web page, Channel 9's Briana Harper is on Hawthorne Lane to explain what's delaying the work.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pair arrested after squatting in home once owned by Davidson mayor's parents
- Beloved LB Thomas Davis says he's done with Panthers after 14 seasons
- MS-13 gang member one of three accused of having 2 kilos of meth, police say
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Thursday forecast outlook
- CMS investigates after employee accused of sending inappropriate text to teenager
© 2019 Cox Media Group.