CHARLOTTE, N.C. — RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corp. broke ground on a three-story, 150,000-square-foot building Thursday at the site of the former Charlotte Knights stadium in Fort Mill.
RoundPoint’s building will be the first in the 350-acre Southbridge development, a live-work-play, mixed-use project by Charlotte-based Lincoln Harris. Lincoln Harris, which is working with property owner The Cato Corp. on the project, envisions Southbridge to eventually grow into 4.5 million square feet of office space, 600 residential units and up to 400,000 square feet of retail over the course of a two-phase development.
RoundPoint expects its $34 million headquarters project to create 1,100 jobs in the region. The mortgage company is currently located off of Billy Graham Parkway near Renaissance Park in Charlotte.
Read the full story and see photos from the groundbreaking here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD conducting shooting investigation in northwest Charlotte
- Pregnant mom, 2 daughters to be laid to rest Saturday in NC
- Family to hold memorial for 20-year-old mother killed in west Charlotte shooting
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- York County woman accused of poisoning, killing husband
Cox Media Group