CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are conducting a death investigation in east Charlotte after a body was discovered near a creek.
The body of a black male was discovered around 9:45 a.m. Tuesday by a jogger, police said.
Investigators said the body was found on the side of Campbell Creek on WT Harris Boulevard near Idlewild Road.
There were any signs of foul play.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Albemarle police search for killer after man found shot to death in road
- NC authorities: 4 elderly killed playing cards in apparent home invasion
- Police release photos of 19-year-old who disappeared near uptown
- TIMELAPSE VIDEO: Darkness moves into Charlotte with solar eclipse
- SBI investigates deadly officer-involved shooting in Burke County
- TUESDAY FORECAST: Another hot day but cool down on the way
Cox Media Group