CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials said a portion of Archdale Drive near Park Royal Drive is shut down due to downed power lines Thursday morning.
Eyewitness News reporter Mark Barber and a Traffic Team 9 crew are at the scene and said they've witnessed multiple wrecks in the area due to the messy conditions.
DOWNLOAD the WSOC-TV news app to stay updated on breaking news, weather, and traffic across our area.
According to Duke Energy, nearly 1,000 people are without electricity after tree limbs fell on the power lines just before 6:15 a.m.
Duke Energy crews are working to reopen the road and restore power, which is expected to be complete by 6:30 p.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Toppled tree blocks Providence Road 'indefinitely' in south Charlotte
- WINTER STORM WARNING: Wintry mix hits mountains; cold rain across Charlotte
- 12-year-old writes heartbreaking goodbye letter to family during school lockdown
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Death investigation underway after man found dead inside car in east Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.