CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The country honored law enforcement officers who made the ultimate sacifice Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
Many of the fallen officers named were from our area, including York County Detective Mike Doty, whose family and friends attended the ceremony.
Watch the video above as hundreds of people honor those who lost their lives in the line of duty last year.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after person shot multiple times near southwest Charlotte motel
- 'Bathroom bill' sponsor Bishop wins District 9 GOP primary
- 1 airlifted, 17 injured after bus carrying preschoolers overturns in Stanly Co.
- FORECAST: Another clear, sunny day in the 70s on tap for the Charlotte area
- NC high schools sell bracelets to raise money for 'Riley Howell Foundation'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.