North Carolina & South Carolina — The FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration made over a dozen arrests and served warrants Wednesday as part of a massive, two-state drug case, officials said.
We first updated WSOCTV news app users with a notification just before noon Wednesday to alert them of the raids and where authorities were targeting. Our team is covering this story from all angles and will have live reports about the investigation at 6.
Download the WSOCTV news app for your smartphone and get updates on this developing story as they come in.
Channel 9 captured exclusive footage Wednesday around 6:30 a.m. in southwest Charlotte when police, FBI agents and the DEA started serving a warrant on Cartgate Lane off South Tryon Street.
Meanwhile in South Carolina, Channel 9 was along Stephanie Lane in the Rock Hill Country Club Estates neighborhood when the FBI and local agencies moved in. The FBI said it hit 17 locations Wednesday in both South Carolina and North Carolina in this large drug investigation.
Residents were surprised about what they saw Wednesday.
"Helicopters. We don't normally have helicopters swarming the area, and they were so low that it couldn't help but get your attention," on neighbor said.
Some agents were in protective hazmat clothing at the Rock Hill location. Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew overhead as investigators carefully handled evidence.
The FBI and DEA also raided a home on Confederate Avenue.
Everyone arrested Wednesday is charged with conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute and distribution of crack cocaine, cocaine, methamphetamine, oxycodone and marijuana, and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
- Darry Hemphill, AKA "D", AKA "D-Hemp", age 30 of Rock Hill
- Mikie Marcell Caldwell, AKA "Big Mike", age 36 of Charlotte
- Gabriel L'Ambiance Ingram, AKA "Big Shot", AKA" Big Shot Rock, AKA "Rock", age 29 of Rock Hill
- Archie Arsenio Caldwell, AKA "Nuk", AKA "Nuk Crook", age 29 of Rock Hill
- Dontavis Devar Jordan, AKA "Rock", age 30 of Rock Hill
- Darrelll Larod Crockett, AKA "Unc", AKA "Croc", age 46 of Rock Hill
- Patricia Ann Hemphill, age 47 of Rock Hill
- Drece Larod McMullen, AKA "Cup", age 45 of Charlotte
- Carl Michael Mann, II, AKA "Pike", age 35 of Rock Hill
- Herbert Reginald Demario Dewese, AKA "50", AKA "Big 50", age 28 of Rock Hill
- Cravelyn Squilla Davis, AKA "Sack", AKA "Sack Gabanna", age 25 of Blythewood
- Odarrius Breonte Adams, AKA "Breezy", age 34 of Charlotte
- Seqvoya Anginette Neely, AKA "Sequoya Anginette Neely", age 39 of Charlotte
- Rondal Rollin, age 59 of Los Angeles, California
The 14 face a maximum penalty of life imprisonment and a fine of $20,000,000.
Adams was arrested in Georgia, and Rollin was arrested in California. Dontavis Devar Jordan, Carl Michael Mann, II, and Herbert Reginald Demario Dewese remain at large. Anyone with information on where they are is asked to call the police.
“Local, state and federal law enforcement officers from several agencies across multiple states worked in lockstep today to not only secure arrests in this long-term investigation but to also continue their daily collective mission to secure our communities," said United States Attorney Sherri A. Lydon.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of recording girls on his yacht in Myrtle Beach back in jail
- Test of Trump loyalty topples South Carolina's Mark Sanford
- U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger sues neighbors claiming their new house will be too big
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Wife of man hospitalized after possible road rage shooting: 'We are lucky'
Cox Media Group