GASTONIA, N.C. - A fire inside a Gastonia Walmart on Monday night was set intentionally, fire officials said.
Gastonia fire officials said there was a fire around 7:30 p.m. in the housewares section of the store on North Myrtle School Road at West Franklin Boulevard.
Officials said the fire was so small they were able to put it out with fire extinguishers.
The store was evacuated.
Investigators are working to find the suspect who started the fire.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Desperate search underway for missing Rowan County man with dementia
- CMPD checkpoint location leads to fiery debate at City Council meeting
- 'It really touched my heart': NC boys stop to honor American flag
- FORECAST: Heavy downpours, gusty winds ahead of brief dry stretch
- Father says he recorded social worker proposing to clear case if they dated
© 2019 Cox Media Group.