HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - A homebuilder active in the Charlotte market will develop hundreds of lots in Huntersville after recently closing on a land sale.
Meritage Corp. acquired 64.3 acres of land at Old Statesville and Hambright roads for $5.4 million, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records.
Meritage Homes will develop 236 single-family homes there, with houses ranging from 1,800 to 3,000 square feet and price points starting in the mid-$200,000 range. The site is behind J.M. Alexander Middle School.
The community, Stoneybrook Station, will also include a pool, clubhouse, playground and neighborhood park. Home sales are expected to begin in winter 2019. Homes will also include Meritage’s energy efficiency and home automation package.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMS: Student shot after getting off school bus in west Charlotte
- Mark Harris uses emergency exit to evade reporters in uptown Charlotte
- Justin Timberlake spotted at popular Charlotte BBQ joint
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Source: CIAA tournament to leave Charlotte for Baltimore after 2020
© 2019 Cox Media Group.