CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Growing up and moving often with her father’s job in the civil service, Pat Rodgers learned two valuable lessons from her mother as the family resettled in new communities.
“I watched my mother move from place to place and maneuver every new landscape with a great deal of strength and resilience,” says Rodgers, president and chief executive of Rodgers Builders Inc. “Most of the moves she did by herself as my father would have already gone ahead of us. She was very strong and learned to adapt. And she taught us the value of the kindness of strangers. There were so many people who helped us along the way, and she made us aware of it.”
Rodgers kept her mother’s example in mind as she’s led the general contracting firm into its sixth decade and her fourth decade at the helm.
For its contributions to the Charlotte region over more than 50 years, Rodgers Builders was selected as CBJ’s 2019 Family Business Awards Lifetime Achievement winner — a new addition to the program this year.
Read the full profile here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating four overnight shootings within span of 15 minutes
- Wreckage of missing plane found in Rowan County field; pilot dead
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s mother, Brenda Jackson, dies after battle with cancer
- FORECAST: Warm-up underway as highs will climb into the mid-80s
- Kidnapping suspect in custody after nearly 5-hour standoff in Gaston County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.