RALEIGH, N.C. -
Another Charlotte elected official is considering challenging Sen. Thom Tillis in 2020.
State Sen. Jeff Jackson told Eyewitness News Reporter Joe Bruno on Wednesday that he is taking “a serious look at the race.”
“My wife and I are talking about how it would impact our family,” Jackson said. “We haven’t made a decision yet."
Jackson met with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in February. After the meeting, Jackson posted on Reddit that the DSCC asked him to keep an open mind.
“I told them I would, but I also told them having an infant at home was a major issue for me, which they understood," Jackson wrote in February.
Mecklenburg County Commissioner Trevor Fuller is seeking the Democratic nomination. State Sen. Erica Smith, of northeastern North Carolina, also announced she will run.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 1 dead, 17 hurt in downtown Durham explosion after gas line cut
- Man drives wrong way on I-85 to hide from gunman he says shot at him
- Sheriff: 3 dead, including child, in Chesterfield County shooting
- Polkton man shot to death during home invasion, police say
- First image of black hole released, watch the video
© 2019 Cox Media Group.