CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A lawsuit filed by the family of a teenager who died of a brain-eating amoeba after visiting the Whitewater Center has officially been dismissed.
Lauren Seitz died after she was thrown from a raft during a June 2016 trip to the center with her church.
- Teen dies from rare brain-eating amoeba infection after visiting Whitewater Center
- Lawsuit against Whitewater Center filed year after teen's death from brain-eating amoeba
- USNWC reopens rafting activities after health department issues permit
- Whitewater Center water drained after brain-eating amoeba found
- Rafters, kayakers back on the rapids at the Whitewater Center
- IMAGES: 'Whitewater rafting activities' closed at Whitewater Center
- Settlement reached with Whitewater Center in teen's brain-eating amoeba death
Her family sued the center, claiming the water wasn't properly cleaned.
Earlier this year, Channel 9 reported on a tentative settlement. The dismissal of the lawsuit could indicate the settlement has been accepted.
Cox Media Group