CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-based Legion Brewing Co. has signed on for its third location in the Queen City at an upcoming adaptive-reuse project along West Morehead Street.
Legion will lease about 22,000 square feet at 2001 W. Morehead St., a space that will include expanded production space, a taproom, biergarten, courtyard and a full food menu. The two-building redevelopment, headed up by Charlotte-based White Point Partners, is being called Salt + Vinegar, a name that pays homage to Mitchum Quality Snacks, a private-label snack food company that operated out of the 1950s-era buildings for years. The site is near the intersection of Freedom Drive and West Morehead Street, an area seeing ramped-up real estate activity as momentum moves to west Charlotte.
This will be the largest location for Legion. Its original brewery in Plaza Midwood opened in 2015 — a deal also done with White Point Partners at the former Brodt Music building on Commonwealth Avenue — and, last year, it opened an 8,500-square-foot location at Capitol Towers in SouthPark.
Legion expects to open at Salt + Vinegar in fall 2020.
Read more and check out renderings here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 8-year-old on unicorn-shaped float rescued at sea off Oak Island
- 'It's horrible': Cars drive through tar in I-77 construction zone
- Kay Jewelers fires store manager after deputy turned away over service gun
- FORECAST: Scattered morning showers ahead of heavier downpours
- Mom attacked inside south Charlotte apartment in front of her children
© 2019 Cox Media Group.