CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte teen is making national headlines by taking advantage of the huge crowds at Popeyes and Chick-fil-A amid a debate on which fast-food chain has the best chicken sandwich.
David Ledbetter, 17, is encouraging people to get involved with politics and helping people register to vote.
He’s been at Popeyes all week.
"It feels very good,” Ledbetter said. “I always want to engage the community. I try to engage the community in several different ways and, you know, voter registration is very important in my opinion so it felt amazing."
The high school senior said his interest in getting people registered to vote started after being one of a few young people at a caucus meeting.
Ledbetter won't actually be old enough to vote until next year.
He told Channel 9 which chicken sandwich was better.
"The Popeyes sandwich,” he said. “The Popeyes sandwich is better. I'm sorry. The spicy Popeyes."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Humiliating': NC man arrested in own home after alarm triggers accidentally
- New safety measures in place as CMS students prepare to head back to school
- Hilton Head residents: Go-kart track tacky like Myrtle Beach
- FORECAST: Break from heat, humidity as students head back to school
- Man charged with 20-year-old's murder near uptown Charlotte, officials say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.