SOUTH CAROLINA - A massive prostitution sting at a hotel right on the North Carolina and South Carolina state line netted 15 arrests.
The operation was an effort to crack down on human trafficking in what has become a problem area near Carowinds Boulevard.
The investigation did not just involve York County drug agents, who often set up stings in the area, but also the Department of Homeland Security and SLED.
Watch the video above as Channel 9's South Carolina bureau reporter Greg Suskin breaks down how big the operation was and how they were able to make the arrests.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hurricane Dorian: Storm expected to become major hurricane by Friday afternoon
- 1-year-old boy found dead inside hot car at Pineville shopping center
- Xanax pills, LSD, guns found in Huntersville teen's home, police say
- FORECAST: Gorgeous Labor Day weekend ahead as Dorian strengthens
- Wild chase involving 18-wheeler out of Virginia ends in Iredell County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.