KERSHAW, S.C. - A woman was arrested Friday night after allegedly leading police on a high-speed chase in Lancaster County.
Jazzy Maressa Gripper, 28, was chased by police after officers said they noticed her white 2008 Dodge Charger cross the center line on Country Club Drive in Kershaw several times.
Deputies said Gripper pulled over after they turned on their lights and siren, but drove off as officers approached her vehicle.
According to officials, Gripper led deputies on a chase from Marion to Church streets before stopping on Rollins Drive near Blackmon Street.
Deputies said they found .2 grams of heroin on the floorboard of Gripper's car along with a .40 caliber pistol from the glovebox, digital scales and over $4,000 in cash.
Deputies also said they found a grocery bag containing 70 grams of methamphetamine and 7 grams of Marijuana.
Gripper has been charged with trafficking, possession with the intent to distribute heroin, possession with the intent to distribute marijuana, possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, and failure to stop for police.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Body of missing Gaston County man found during search in Charlotte
- Man exchanges gunfire with state probation and parole officers
- Proposed CMS office could investigate misconduct of top officials
- FORECAST: Wet weather on the way, but when and how much?
- 3 local Target robberies may be connected, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.