FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - A cat is back on solid ground after spending six days stuck in a tree without food or water.
The cat's owner tried everything to get it down until two strangers stepped in to help.
Melissa Stanley said she tried calling animal control but they said they didn't have the proper equipment to remove a cat from a tree. Next, she called wildlife and environment but the fee was more than she could afford.
Stanley's biggest fear was that the cat would fall into the creek behind the tree.
After hearing about the cat while watching our news partners ABC11 , a couple who own a tree removal company drove nearly half an hour to Fayetteville to rescue the cat using their bucket truck.
As soon as the rescuer got close to pulling the cat to safety, it jumped off the tree.
The cat is back safely with its owner and was not injured during the rescue.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 16-year-old boy reported missing from Fort Mill home
- CMPD: Series of home invasions in east Charlotte may be connected
- Deputies: Man with restraining order breaks into woman's Gastonia home, sexually assaults her
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- South Carolina pastor arrested on suspicion of choking pregnant woman
© 2019 Cox Media Group.