UNION COUNTY, N.C. - Less than a month after Channel 9 reported about a dangerous intersection in Union County, the North Carolina Department of Transportation has made a change.
A new four-way stop was put in place at the intersection of Lawyers Road and New Salem Road near the town of Goose Creek.
In prior reporting, Eyewitness News discovered there have been more than a dozen crashes at that intersection in the last few years.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Virginia Beach shooting: 12 victims identified
- North Carolina woman accused of selling bear parts pleads guilty
- 70 guns worth $1 million reported stolen from Chesterfield County home
- FORECAST: Saturday kicks off stretch of mild temps after heat wave
- Northern stretch of toll lanes along I-77 to open Saturday
© 2019 Cox Media Group.