CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The federal shutdown is affecting millions of people throughout the country, including those in the Charlotte area.
Here are a few links to resources if you have been furloughed as a direct result of the federal shutdown:
If you work in North Carolina, you may be eligible for regular unemployment benefits. For more information, visit the Division of Employment Security website.
If you work in South Carolina, you may also be eligible for regular unemployment benefits. For more information, visit the Department of Employment and Workforce website.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC man angry over wait for McDonald's fries throws hot coffee at worker
- Arson in Elizabeth community leads to SWAT team storming Pineville home
- 'God put me on that road for a reason': Nurse helps save trooper shot in face
- FORECAST: Brief warm-up won't last long ahead of another wet weekend
- Charlotte pastor fought off attacker who was fatally shot by police officer
© 2019 Cox Media Group.