GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — Part of southbound Interstate 85 was shut down for several hours Tuesday morning in Gaston County after a man was struck and killed, officials said.
Officials said the crash happened around 6:30 a.m. near Exit 12 and shut down all southbound lanes near Exit 14. The lanes reopened around 10:40 a.m., according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Authorities said the crash was not a hit-and-run and the driver stopped.
Channel 9 is asking officials what led to the crash. The name of the victim has not been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Facebook Live shooting: Suspect in custody after killing caught on video
- Pedestrian killed on I-85 in Gaston Co.; southbound lanes closed
- More than 5,600 mourners pay final respects to Rev. Billy Graham
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- FOP asks Charlotte leaders for 15 percent pay raise for CMPD officers
Cox Media Group