CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. - A person died after being struck by a train in Cleveland County Thursday afternoon, officials said.
According to our partners at the Gaston Gazette, 27-year-old Christian Stanley, of Blacksburg, South Carolina, was walking on the railroad tracks wearing headphones in Kings Mountain around 1:20 p.m. and was struck by a Norfolk Southern train.
The train was traveling southbound and had two locomotives and 22 rail cars.
Officials on the Norfolk Southern called Gaston County police and said they hit a person.
The Officials said a body was found near Linwood Road in Kings Mountain.
No other information was available.
The incident is being investigated.
Check back to wsoctv.com for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Highway Patrol investigating fatal wreck after car crashes into ditch
- BLACK FRIDAY 2018: Shoppers rush for best Black Friday deals
- Man cornered, arrested after attempting to kidnap 10-year-old Gaston County girl
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Black Friday forecast outlook
- South Carolina man who claimed to be veteran sentenced for scamming $200K from VA
© 2019 Cox Media Group.