CHARLOTTE, N.C. - This gourmet grilled cheese food truck is about to have its first permanent home.
Papi Queso opens at Optimist Hall at 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
That food truck has been part of Charlotte’s dining scene since 2012. It has built a following for its out-of-the-box grilled cheeses, such as the Pig Mac, Mac Melt and Mushroom Gruyere.
“We’ve enjoyed meeting folks across Charlotte and surrounding areas thanks to our food truck, and now we’re ready to lay down roots with our permanent location,” says Brian Stockholm, co-owner of Papi Queso.
Read more and check out photos here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Massive fire guts dozens of cabins at historic Catawba County campground
- Deadly crash shuts down portion of I-485 in west Charlotte
- Police: Suspected shooter will not be charged after man found dead in South End
- FORECAST: Slight relief from heat as storms pop up across area
- Second suspect arrested in Lancaster Co. nightclub shooting that killed 2, injured 9
© 2019 Cox Media Group.