WAXHAW, N.C. - A principal of a Union County middle school was hurt after a fight on campus Friday, authorities said.
A Union County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said four people were arrested following the fight at South Providence School in Waxhaw. Two of the four people arrested are juveniles, one is an adult-aged teenager and the other is a parent, according to UCSO spokesperson Tony Underwood.
UCSO said a 16-year-old student and a younger student got into a fight at the front lobby of the school. The family of the 16-year-old arrive to pick him up because he was done with testing for the day.
A parent and another juvenile sibling of the 16-year-old got involved in the fight.
Union County Public Schools Assistant Superintendent Tahira Stalberte said the principal at the school was being treated for injuries. UCSO says he was kicked and punched by one of the juveniles while trying to break up the fight.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies: Man wanted for domestic violence against woman found dead at vacant home
- Mother leaves toddler in hot car outside Northlake Mall, officials say
- FORECAST: Scattered showers as heat wave ends ahead of pleasant weekend
- Troopers: Man killed when Mustang crashes, flips in Gaston County
- Charged with child sex crimes, new SC mayor immediately suspended
© 2019 Cox Media Group.