CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police have arrested a registered sex offender and another man accused of peeping through the window of a woman's south Charlotte home last Friday night.
The woman told police she spotted Timothy Martin, 61, on her video surveillance camera around 2 a.m. on Oct. 4 peeping into a window in the back of her home on Von Thuringer Court.
Police later issued an arrest warrant for Tavares Phifer, 39, who is accused of peeping into the woman's window. Phifer was also arrested.
She said Martin moved the light near the window and looked inside the home for a few minutes before running away.
Martin, who is a registered sex offender, has been charged with secret peeping.
The very next day, police said the woman spotted another man, later identified as Phifer, peeping through a window at the same home.
According to the woman, when the man realized she saw him, he walked away.
Call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 if you have any information.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Suspect arrested after abducted 3-year-old girl found safe outside church
- Assistant principal accused of having sex with student out of jail on bond
- Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina's Outer Banks caught on camera
- FORECAST: Cold front to push chance for rain into Charlotte region
- 1 dead, 3 missing after Hard Rock Hotel under construction collapses in New Orleans
© 2019 Cox Media Group.