KANNAPOLIS, N.C. - Here’s another chance for a developer to get in on the revitalization of downtown Kannapolis.
The city of Kannapolis and its planner, Development Finance Initiative, are asking for proposals to develop nine acres on the site of the former Cannon Mills Plant 4 on South Main Street.
Mike Legg, Kannapolis city manager, says residential developers seem eager to build in downtown now that the first three phases of the redevelopment are underway.
The initial phases have included a complete reworking of utility infrastructure downtown in addition to the building of a Sports and Entertainment Venue, also known as the Kannapolis Intimidators’ new ballpark; the Vida mixed-use district, which will include a hotel; a brewery; and apartments.
“With the first three phases of the plan underway we have created the amenities and structure needed to sustain residential development in our downtown,” Legg says.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I felt something grab my leg': Teen surfer bitten by shark at Ocean Isle Beach
- NC park officials issue warning about 'zombie snake' that can play dead
- Crews rescue teenager stranded on South Fork River island
- FORECAST: Humidity drops as we dry out after 4 straight days of rain
- Grandmother of SC dad who killed his 5 kids asks to spare his life
© 2019 Cox Media Group.