GREENVILLE, S.C. - Investigators say a 2-year-old upstate South Carolina boy fatally shot himself after finding a gun.
Greenville County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Ryan Flood says the shooting happened Thursday afternoon near Greenville.
The coroner identifies the dead child as 2-year-old Kayden John Stuber.
Flood says deputies tried to aid the child before paramedics arrived. Stuber was pronounced dead while on the way to a hospital.
The Greenville County Sheriff's Office and Greenville County coroner are investigating.
The Greenville News reports an autopsy is scheduled for Friday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: 1 killed in crash on ramp from I-85 to I-485 in west Charlotte
- Myrtle Beach tourist snaps photos of sharks lurking feet from beachgoers
- Deputies looking for man accused of shooting, killing teen riding in car
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms could produce hail, small tornado threat
- Daughters find missing father's body in trash bag under SC home
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.