DAVIDSON, N.C. - Davidson police said some 911 calls that are supposed to be routed to its call center could be taken by another center.
Callers that use voice over internet protocol, which is a method of transmitting sound as data over the internet, allowing for inexpensive phone conversations, could run into this problem, police said.
In the video at the top of this webpage, police address this concern.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police shut down Rock Hill movie theater, break up huge fight in lobby
- Pineville woman tries to use drone to deliver drugs to prison, warrant says
- Warrant: 53 guns, multiple rounds of ammo seized from NC murder scene
- FORECAST: Another hot, humid day on tap as temps soar above average
- Former Burke County hospital employee accused of helping mental patient escape
© 2019 Cox Media Group.