A North Gaston High School senior's prom will be one to remember because former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith will be her date.
The Gaston Gazette reported the news of Aubrey Bridges who has autism.
Smith learned that her dream was to have him escort her to the high school prom.
Through the “Dream on 3” organization, Smith asked her to the prom last week through a video message.
“I am excited because Steve Smith Sr. asked me to prom,” said Bridges. “I am so happy that I danced. Brandon and Elizabeth Lindsey, my friends at Dream on 3, are making my dream come true.”
The nonprofit connects kids who are sick with their favorite professional athletes or teams.
She said yes.
Read more about this inspirational story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Passenger grabbed steering wheel in crash that killed son, other woman
- Homeowner charged with murder after deadly shooting in driveway
- Breastfeeding mother ordered to leave North Carolina court room
- 16-year-old dies in accidental shooting, Caldwell Co. deputies say
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Video captures bullying on CMS bus
Cox Media Group