CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Carolina Panthers are headed to London for the NFL International Series game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
More than 60,000 people will pack the stadium Sunday, including two children from the Charlotte area, who are participating in Make-A-Wish.
Cale Dejarnett, 9, not only loves watching the Panthers play, he also plays football himself.
>>> Watch the video above to see the role football has played in keeping these children healthy as they battle life-threatening diseases.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man killed when speeding car hits power pole, tree, troopers say
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Drivers go around railroad crossing arms in Waxhaw
- Former Wells Fargo employee swindled elderly man out of $800K
- FORECAST: Partly cloudy skies, mild temps but still no rain in sight
- Family says it warned hospital of doctor accused of child sex crimes
Cox Media Group