CONCORD, N.C. - Allegiant Air is adding its sixth Florida flight from Concord-Padgett Regional Airport in November. The airport also has a regular flight to the New Orleans area.
Now, Concord may start thinking about expanding its relatively new commercial terminal to make room for even more flights for the ultra-low-cost airline, said Dirk Vanderleest, city aviation director. "There is room to expand," Vanderleest told the Charlotte Business Journal.
Allegiant Air will add a flight to West Palm Beach, Florida, on Nov. 14. And fares are as low as $54 each way.
The airport, with its 7,400-foot runway, is one of North Carolina's busiest. It now has Allegiant Air service to five locations in Florida and to New Orleans.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officer shoots man at Gastonia Buffalo Wild Wings, police say
- 'She was petrified': Woman attacked by group of riders before fatal dirt bike crash
- Man on run after allegedly killing pregnant woman, abducting children
- FORECAST: Threat of storms not backing off as heat, humidity grip region
- South Carolina deputy caught in child sex sting by his own department
© 2019 Cox Media Group.