ISLE OF PALMS, S.C. - Three adults and a small child are receiving emergency treatment after lightning struck near their getaway on the South Carolina coast.
It happened Sunday afternoon on Isle of Palms, a coastal city about 40 miles east of Charleston. Isle of Palms Fire Chief Ann Graham said none of the injuries were believed to be life-threatening.
Graham said eight people were on the porch of their rental home when the lightning struck. Graham said three adults had red streaks on their bodies afterward.
The fire chief said the child was in the arms of one of the adults injured and was dropped, suffering a head injury.
The home is on a golf course at the eastern edge of the barrier island.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 arrested, another sought after man shot to death inside car in Gastonia
- Hackers target DOT road signs in Charlotte with vulgar messages
- 130 displaced after huge 3-alarm fire rips through Charlotte apartments
- WATCH: Keith Monday's week ahead forecast
- Police identify man killed in motorcycle collision with car
- CELLPHONE VIDEO: Flames engulf east Charlotte apartment building
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.