The fastest and easiest way to enter a closing or delay is through WSOC-TV.com.
- Go to wsoctv.com and select the WEATHER drop down and click on the “Report weather closings and delays”
- When prompted, enter your ID number and password.
- Choose the appropriate options from the pull-down menu. You will no longer have to enter a secondary status option, or give any time frame, as we have given you more primary options.
- Please check and update your own contact information, including address and the best phone number where we may reach you. This information will not be shared.
- When you are satisfied, and have double checked your status, click “save”.
- Your status will automatically be updated on WSOCTV.com, and will air on Channel 9 and TV64 at the station’s discretion.
While we urge you to use the website, you may enter closings and delays via telephone. Please remember, as with any automated phone system, this will take more of your time.
- Dial 704-335-4939.
- When prompted, enter your ID number (followed by the # sign) and your Password (followed by the # sign).
- You will hear your organization’s current status (in general, this will say “you have no active status recorded”).
- Enter the appropriate number pertaining to your organization’s status. If you are closed, press 1.
- After you make your selections, the system will tell you “your status has been recorded”. You may then hang up. We will display your status on WSOCTV.com. It may also air on Channel 9 and TV64, at the station’s discretion.
If you have a specialized update, we urge you to update your students/employees/congregants via your website or social media accounts.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.