CHARLOTTE, N.C. - It appears that a restaurant concept out of Melbourne, Florida, has snagged space at an uptown Charlotte hotel, where it will replace an establishment that closed abruptly last spring.
Signs for Estampa Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse have gone up on the exterior of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown, and a website for the restaurant now lists a location at the hotel’s address, 401 E. Martin Luther King. Jr. Blvd.
Suki Akor, a Japanese steakhouse and sushi restaurant, was open at the site for only about two months before closing in May 2018. The 10-story, 250-room Embassy Suites hotel opened in spring 2017, but it took another year for the restaurant to get its doors open amid budget constraints and construction delays.
BPR Properties, which owns the hotel, told CBJ last year that it would look to re-lease the 5,100-square-foot space.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of killing Steak 'n Shake cook suspected in separate restaurant robbery
- Police: Man threw 13-year-old girl from car after sex assault in SC
- Driver killed after car slams into Gastonia animal hospital, police say
- Man accused of killing nursing school student caught in crossfire due in court
- FORECAST: Risk of strong storms today; Gulf system could become hurricane
© 2019 Cox Media Group.