CHARLOTTE, N.C. - All lanes at a busy south Charlotte intersection have reopened following a water main break.
Charlotte Water announced on Sunday that all lanes on Johnston Road at Pineville-Matthews Road (Highway 51) are now clear.
The intersection was closed on Friday due to a water main break.
Crews later reopened one lane of Highway 51, but all lanes of Johnston Road were still closed Friday evening.
Charlotte Water provided an update Saturday morning, stating that the water pipe had been fixed and that crews were working to rebuild the affected section of Johnston Road.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Two people shot in east Charlotte attempted home invasion, police say
- Las Vegas shooting victim, Gardner-Webb grad, awakens from coma, takes first steps
- FORECAST: Warm forecast for Sunday; fall temperatures to start work week
- Silver Alert issued for missing 52-year-old Morganton man
- Panthers fan accused of sucker-punching man charged with assault
- 16-year-old missing since Monday found dead in Montgomery County
© 2018 Cox Media Group.