MONROE, N.C. - More than 100 people just found out they'll be out of a job right before the holidays.
Packers Sanitation Service in Monroe told the state they will lay off 102 workers in two weeks.
The company specializes in sanitizing food manufacturing plants.
There is no word on why they are shutting down, but they told the state these are permanent layoffs.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom charged months after 3-year-old falls to his death at Charlotte airport
- 'It disgusts me': SC deputy accused of having sex with high school student
- Police: Kidnappers shoot Hickory business owner, tie up girlfriend, child
- FORECAST: Sunny skies across region ahead of weekend rain
- Local college professor, 9 others arrested on child sex crime charges
© 2019 Cox Media Group.