LENOIR, N.C. - High Point-based Heritage Home Group is laying off 712 workers at its Lenoir upholstery and case goods facilities due to delays in securing buyers for its Thomasville & Co. and Broyhill businesses.
The company said it has provided the employees with WARN Act notices, which give them a 60-day notice.
A company spokeswoman told the Triad Business Journal that HHG is still working to secure a buyer for the Thomasville & Co. and Broyhill businesses, which would include the Lenoir facilities. Lenoir is located about 75 miles northwest of Charlotte.
According to a WARN filing, which companies must file to notify the state of any plant closings or mass layoffs, 712 employees will lose their jobs.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD conducting shooting investigation in northwest Charlotte
- Pregnant mom, 2 daughters to be laid to rest Saturday in NC
- Family to hold memorial for 20-year-old mother killed in west Charlotte shooting
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- York County woman accused of poisoning, killing husband
© 2019 Cox Media Group.