CHARLOTTE, N.C. — South End gains a new brewery this weekend.
Sunstead — old English for “solstice” — opens Saturday at 1200 S. Graham St. in South End’s Gold District. That midcentury-modern building was formerly an art gallery.
“The pieces just fell into place,” says Tim O’Neill, owner and head brewer. O’Neill and his partners have invested just under a million dollars in the venture.
The space sets itself apart with pale gold walls and a celestial blue touches, including the bartop. Pendant lights hanging over the bar give the illusion of planets, with a navy-blue ceiling as backdrop.
Read more and check out photos inside the brewery here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of selling meth to undercover Huntersville officers three times, police say
- ‘Thank God for him’: NC veteran thanks man for saving his life after apartment catches on fire
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Boy’s face slashed with razor after fight at Charlotte middle school
- FORECAST: Sunny skies pave way for drop in temps to start workweek
- Life story of woman kidnapped at birth, raised in SC premieres nationwide