MINT HILL, N.C. - The Independence High School football stadium was vandalized the night before the team's home game against rival Butler High School.
Some of the damage included graffiti that read "BHS DAWGS" on the field and the goal post was nearly torn down.
Local law enforcement from several agencies swarmed the game Friday night to keep fans safe and everyone had to go through a metal detector before being allowed in.
"I don't like it. I don't like it one bit, but it's very sad that we're coming to this," parent Sunday Foley said.
In the video at the top of this webpage, reporter Glenn Counts is at Independence High School after the big game Friday night.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom charged with murder after newborn baby found in trash bag in closet
- 102 pounds of marijuana valued at $204K seized in Rowan County
- Autopsy shows NC district court judge died of fentanyl, heroin overdose
- Charlotte Fire Department investigating second deadly house fire in 8 hours
- Pilot killed when helicopter hits power lines while crop dusting
© 2019 Cox Media Group.