CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An Italian machine-tool company will move its North American headquarters to Charlotte from the Northeast, a relocation that will bring 25 jobs and $3.5 million in investment here.
Porta North America, a subsidiary of Porta-Solutions S.p.A., located near Milan, Italy, currently has its headquarters in Newington, Connecticut.
The company will move that office to flex space at 9233 Forsyth Park Drive in southwest Charlotte. It will also add a training center in the Charlotte building.
Maurizio Porta, CEO of Porta-Solutions, says Charlotte was appealing as a North American headquarters because many longtime customers of the company are located a short distance from the region.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Stabbing may have led to crash, house fire in east Charlotte
- Charlotte region doctors prepare to leave Novant Health two months early
- Fiance of woman held captive by serial killer stabs self to death, coroner says
- FORECAST: Snow, freezing rain to fall in mountains; just rain closer to Charlotte
- Attorney: Panthers seem like 'natural place' for QB Colin Kaepernick
© 2019 Cox Media Group.