CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. — A man in Cleveland County was seriously hurt after he was shot by his own booby trap.
Edwin Smith booby-trapped a back door with a shotgun and posted an abrasive warning sign for intruders.
He opened the door at about 11:30 a.m. to feed squirrels. The trap was sprung and he was struck in the arm. He is recovering in a hospital.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police say driver spotted body in woods off I-77 in Huntersville
- Former classmate says teen found dead near Union Co. school had 'bright future'
- Private company purchases SC serial killer's property for $500K
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Principal who asked student to remove Trump jersey replaced
Cox Media Group