NORTH CAROLINA - A motorcycle club has raised more than $3,000 for Paige Winter, the North Carolina teen who has become an inspiration all over the country after she survived a shark attack in June.
She lost her leg and a few fingers at Fort Macon last month, but through it all she has had a positive outlook.
Her story touched so many people, the Craven County community rallied around Paige to help with her medical costs.
"I really appreciate it because these are people who don't know me, but they still want to give me a little support," Winter said. "Other people that go through trauma will be able to look at her and say 'Hey, it's not the end of the world, I can work through it.'"
While the motorcyclists drove, Winter and her mother followed behind in their car to their final destination.
- Teen who lost leg in shark attack recruited by Robert Downey Jr. for environmental cause
- NC teen who lost leg in shark attack, dad open up in emotional interview
- NC teen who lost leg in shark attack, father share rescue and recovery story
- NC teen who lost leg in shark attack endures 14-hour surgery to repair hands
- New Bern teen's leg amputated after shark attack
Paige said she is using her attack to educate people about life in the ocean.
She is one of three people to be attacked off the North Carolina coast this summer.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Three people dead after car crash in York County, troopers say
- FBI-wanted 'Pink Lady Bandit' robs bank in Hamlet, officials say
- 'You are not alone': Woman spreads message of hope after SWAT situation ends in tragedy
- CMPD: Repeat offender charged in attempted robbery of Epicenter Insomnia Cookies
- FORECAST: Warm temps, atypical low July humidity continues Sunday
© 2019 Cox Media Group.