CHARLOTTE, N.C. — This historic boutique hotel in uptown Charlotte is undergoing a multimillion-dollar facelift.
The Dunhill Hotel is refreshing its 60 guest rooms and celebrating its 90th anniversary this year. It is located at 237 N. Tryon St.
“The owner is adamant about making sure we maintain the historical integrity of the building. But the needs of the guests continue to evolve,” said Meredith Zingraff, development and renovations manager for Summit Hospitality Group.
Raleigh-based Summit acquired the Dunhill 30 years ago. That hotel and restaurant management group owns and operates 19 hotels in the Carolinas, including the Residence Inn by Marriott in uptown Charlotte.
Read more and check out photos of the Dunhill here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte rapper DaBaby detained, cited after concert at Bojangles Coliseum
- Man shot to death after argument with 7/11 employee on Christmas Eve
- CMPD: Man cut off electronic monitor weeks before hitting, killing employee in Steele Creek shopping center
- Middle school teacher accused of exchanging pornographic photos with student
- Man goes grocery shopping, leaves with lottery ticket worth $250K in Mint Hill